Advisory Council by-law of the International Kodály Society
The Board of Directors, as stipulated in Art. IV-2.12 of the Statutes regulates with this by-law the functioning of the Advisory Council of the IKS.
1. The presidents or appointed representatives of Affiliated National Institutional Members will hold a seat in the Advisory Council. The former members of the Board of Directors, when members in good standing, and Honorary Members are entitled to attend the Advisory Council meetings.
2. The Advisory Council shall exchange information and formulate suggestions for the development of the international Kodály movement to the IKS Board for consideration.
3. The Advisory Council shall be convened during a Symposium under the Chairmanship of one of the Vice-Presidents of the IKS.
4. Members of the Advisory Council may ask for an extraordinary meeting if at least 50% + 1 person supports the demand.
5. Members of the Advisory Council are entitled to attend the meetings of the Board of Directors but without the right to vote.
6. Where under this By-law any decisions are to be made by the Board of Directors and it is not convenient to hold a meeting, the decision may be arrived at by post or any other appropriate method.